Many Western women are leaving childbearing later than biology intended; their hormones and their husband's sperm counts are affected by modern lifestyle and environmental pollutants; and metabolic syndromes, rapidly becoming epidemic in affluent societies, are damaging ovary function. In many cities numbers of "assisted reproduction technology" clinics are multiplying in response to a large and growing demand by these couples unable to have children."However their success is limited and many women are requesting help from doctors of Chinese medicine who offer a gentler and more holistic approach in addressing infertility."
China has a long history of addressing fertility difficulties and using this knowledge and adapting it to our modern western situation TCM doctors have something very significant to offer.This course will cover the sort of approach and specialist knowledge a TCM practitioner needs in order to have a thorough understanding of the basis of infertility from a TCM and Western medical understanding. Diagnostic methods and treatment options will be discussed in detail, as will be the dilemmas and advantages of combining Chinese medicine with IVF programs.
Watch a 20 minute free clip of this course in action:
This complete on line series covers the following learning objectives:
- What does it mean to have a practice focus in infertility?
- Where is the best place to start? Knowing the ground thoroughly - the menstrual cycle in detail.What are the things I need to ask and be aware of when taking a case history?
- How does the patient chart her menstrual cycle and how does that help me?
- How do I diagnose female infertility using all this information (TCM analysis and western diagnostic reports)?
- How do I treat female infertility with herbs and acupuncture?Male infertility - how can we treat sperm disorders with TCM?
- Changes in lifestyle - are they necessary?
- What if there is endometriosis, polycystic ovary disease or other gynecological conditions?
- How do we prevent miscarriage once our patient is pregnant?
- How do we work with technological reproductive medicine, like IVF?
The seminar includes a power point presentation of over 300 slides and abstracts added to the attachmnet section.
The Course Includes:
- Introduction- Becoming a specialist in infertility
- Analyzing the menstrual cycle
- Information required for taking a complete case history
- Charting the menstrual cycle
- IVF and Chinese medicine
- Treatment of female infertility
- Case histories
- Male Infertility
- Lifestyle and Diet