The Spleen, as the body’s central Earth organ, plays a pivotal role in Chinese medicine. It is involved in a multitude of pathologies, ranging from chronic digestive disorders and chronic fatigue to auto-immune disorders and cancer. In this three hour course, Dr. Heiner Fruehauf will integrate the standard TCM understanding of the Spleen organ system with his research into the symbolism of classical cosmology. In addition, he will incorporate clinical perspectives from the Fire Spirit Lineage of herbal medicine and the Wang Fengyi tradition of five element emotional healing. The wide angle of the presentation will provide an expanded clinical understanding of the Spleen as well as unique clinical strategies for the treatment of Spleen pathology.
• Review Spleen physiology and pathology
• Learn about the cosmological symbol field associated with the Spleen and how it can inform the clinical diagnosis and treatment of this organ system
• Understand the role of the Spleen in common disorders that present in the clinic (chronic digestive issues, food sensitivities, blood disorders, reproductive disorders, auto-immunity, cancer)
• Learn key single herbs, herb pairs and herbal formulas that can be used to address Spleen pathology
• Understand the emotional characteristics of the Spleen organ system from the perspective of the Wang Fengyi lineage of emotional healing