The modern gaze is fixed on the scientific evidence for ancient medicine. Yet the medicine itself holds a map of mind/body associations that has also fascinated Westerners who suffer a mind-body bifurcation.
This seminar explores the impact of Gua sha on patients’ psycho spiritual life by examining how it is situated in film and books, what impact blood stasis and its resolution have and how this manifests in clinic during and after treatment with discussion of example cases.
This course is part of the Gua Sha Certification program by Dr. Arya Neilsen comprised of 11 modules.
You can choose to take the full certification program (all 11 modules and hands on training with Dr. Arya Nielsen) and be listed on the www.guasha.com website or you can choose a la carte and take just the modules that interest you and only receive continuing education credits.
If you have taken one or more of the modules below and you want to take all 11 modules and save on the bulk registration please contact Pro D Seminars directly and we can apply the fees you have paid for the individual modules toward the Complete 11 module program. It is cheaper to register for the complete program than to register for all 11 modules individually.
- Module 1 - The Science of Gua sha: Anti inflammation and Immune Protection
- Module 2 - History: acupuncture, bloodletting, Gua sha and cholera
- Module 3 - Terms and Tools for Gua sha
- Module 4 - Safety: Reports, Risks and Guidelines for Gua sha (press-stroking) and Ba guan (cupping)
- Module 5 - Safety & Medical Errors: 'Complications' & Contraindications for Gua sha
- Module 6 - Evidence for Gua sha: a Literature Review
- Module 7 - Colors of flesh, sha and significant Tongue changes
- Module 8 - Psycho spiritual effect of Gua sha
- Module 9 - Indications and Applications: Gua sha
- Module 10 - Results and Recommendations
- Module 11 - Treating Specific Disorders with Gua sha