The seminar provides images of Dr. Nielsen’s observational research over decades. Covered in this module are nascent flesh colors and quality, the colors of sha and immediate and significant changes in the Tongue as a direct result of Gua sha.
Demonstration is provided by slides of sha, as well as cases and record of Tongue changes. Participants learn that drawing the Tongue before and after Gua sha helps to develop and eye for changes. Discussion of the potential meaning of flesh and sha colors, as well as Tongue changes in terms of the depth and direction of a disorder are discussed as ‘diagnostic and prognostic indicators’.
Please Note: Certain pages from Arya Nielsen's Text book Gua Sha, is required reading for this course. The text book is not included in the purchase price of this course. You are required to obtain a copy of her book. You will receive CEU/PDA for reading required sections of the text book. To purchase book click here.
There are no handouts of slides to download for this course
Arya Nielsen purposefully did not include slides for downloads. Due to copyright laws and the inability to replicate the quality and attention to detail of the colour photographs, the textbook serves as your best handouts for this module and is a required text.
This course is part of the Gua Sha Certification program by Dr. Arya Neilsen comprised of 11 modules.
You can choose to take the full certification program (all 11 modules and hands on training with Dr. Arya Nielsen) and be listed on the www.guasha.com website or you can choose a la carte and take just the modules that interest you and only receive continuing education credits.
If you have taken one or more of the modules below and you want to take all 11 modules and save on the bulk registration please contact Pro D Seminars directly and we can apply the fees you have paid for the individual modules toward the Complete 11 module program. It is cheaper to register for the complete program than to register for all 11 modules individually.
- Module 1 - The Science of Gua sha: Anti inflammation and Immune Protection
- Module 2 - History: acupuncture, bloodletting, Gua sha and cholera
- Module 3 - Terms and Tools for Gua sha
- Module 4 - Safety: Reports, Risks and Guidelines for Gua sha (press-stroking) and Ba guan (cupping)
- Module 5 - Safety & Medical Errors: 'Complications' & Contraindications for Gua sha
- Module 6 - Evidence for Gua sha: a Literature Review
- Module 7 - Colors of flesh, sha and significant Tongue changes
- Module 8 - Psycho spiritual effect of Gua sha
- Module 9 - Indications and Applications: Gua sha
- Module 10 - Results and Recommendations
- Module 11 - Treating Specific Disorders with Gua sha