Please Note: Certain pages from Dr. Arya Nielsen's textbook Gua sha, a Traditional Technique for Modern Practice, is required reading for this course. The textbook is not included in the purchase price of this course. You are required to obtain a copy of her book. You receive your 4 CEU/PDA for reading pages 1-10 from the textbook and watching the video lecture. To purchase book click here.
Gua sha works! It is a centuries old traditional East Asian technique that is more effective than acupuncture for pain. Gua sha treats acute and chronic disorders including fever, headache and body aches, cough, wheeze, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea associated with infectious illness as well as pain and inflammation associated with chronic musculoskeletal conditions and internal organ disease.
We want to share with you the lecture portion from Arya's module 1 course, The Science of Gua sha, to hopefully inspire and motivate you to want to learn how to safely and effectively offer Gua Sha in your practice to enhance your clinical results and success. After watching it, if you want the handouts and 4 CEU/PDA/CPD then please register by clicking add to cart. Click here to gain free access to the lecture portion of this module.
Science now shows Gua sha produces an anti-inflammatory and immune protective effect that persists for days following a single treatment that accounts for, in part, Gua sha’ ability to treat acute and chronic internal organ disorders including liver inflammation in hepatitis. This seminar details how science informs the therapeutic effect of Gua sha.
Once learned, Gua sha is easy to incorporate into any clinical practice and has an immediate positive impact. Its effect on pain within a session can often be correlated to immediate and significant Tongue changes revealing more about the depth and direction of a disorder. Including Gua sha in practice expands the reach and impact of treatment now with science to show how.
This course is part of the Gua Sha Certification program by Dr. Arya Neilsen comprised of 11 modules.
You can choose to take the full certification program (all 11 modules and hands on training with Dr. Arya Nielsen) and be listed on the www.guasha.com website or you can choose a la carte and take just the modules that interest you and only receive continuing education credits.
If you have taken one or more of the modules below and you want to take all 11 modules and save on the bulk registration please contact Pro D Seminars directly and we can apply the fees you have paid for the individual modules toward the Complete 11 module program. It is cheaper to register for the complete program than to register for all 11 modules individually.
- Module 1 - The Science of Gua sha: Anti inflammation and Immune Protection
- Module 2 - History: acupuncture, bloodletting, Gua sha and cholera
- Module 3 - Terms and Tools for Gua sha
- Module 4 - Safety: Reports, Risks and Guidelines for Gua sha (press-stroking) and Ba guan (cupping)
- Module 5 - Safety & Medical Errors: 'Complications' & Contraindications for Gua sha
- Module 6 - Evidence for Gua sha: a Literature Review
- Module 7 - Colors of flesh, sha and significant Tongue changes
- Module 8 - Psycho spiritual effect of Gua sha
- Module 9 - Indications and Applications: Gua sha
- Module 10 - Results and Recommendations
- Module 11 - Treating Specific Disorders with Gua sha