This is the fourth in a series of five modules presented by Lee Hullender Rubin L.Ac, FABORM. To see them all, click here.
In this module, students will learn through case based learning how to apply Whole Systems Traditional Chinese Medicine (WSTCM) treatment plans for intrauterine insemination (IUI) cycles with medications like ovulation induction or injectable gonadotropin medications. Dr. Lee Hullender Rubin’s clinical research and experience is the foundation for this course. Upon completion, students will be able to identify common WSTCM patterns, develop treatment plans employing treatment principles and methods, adjust for risks, and improve outcomes.
Goals and Objectives
At the end of the course, attendees should be able to:
1. Briefly review IUI procedures and medication combinations
2. Identify key differences between IUI and IVF cycles, and understand how TCM theory can explain differences,
3. Identify commonly seen WSTCM patterns
4. Apply effective WSTCM strategies to improve patient outcomes with case examples.
5. Learn strategies to prevent adverse outcomes like hyperstimulation, ovarian cysts, failed endometrial development, miscarriage, side effects from medications.