This is the second in a series of five modules presented by Lee Hullender Rubin L.Ac, FABORM. To see them all, click here.
In this module, students will learn through case based learning how to effectively and safely integrate Whole Systems Traditional Chinese Medicine with IVF and Controlled Ovarian Hyperstimulation cycles for egg banking or embryos intended for chromosomal screening. Dr. Lee Hullender Rubin’s clinical research and experience is the foundation for this course. Upon completion, students will be able to identify common WSTCM patterns, develop treatment plans employing treatment principles and methods, adjust for risks and improve outcomes.
Goals and Objectives
1. Define Whole Systems Traditional Chinese Medicine (WSTCM) and review fundamentals for treatment of infertility
2. Identify commonly seen WSTCM patterns in patients undergoing In Vitro Fertilitization-embryo transfer (IVF-ET) or Controlled Ovarian Hyperstimulation (COH) cycles
3. Apply effective WSTCM treatments to fresh, non-donor COH cycles, fresh non-donor cycles through case-based learning
4. Identify biomarkers that inform WSTCM treatment and learn methods to adjust treatments based on TCM pattern and improve outcomes
5. Learn strategies to prevent adverse outcomes like ovarian hyperstimulation, miscarriage, and cycle cancellation