In recent years there has been an increased interest in the use of herbs to support cognitive function. The prevalent use of Ginkgo for improved memory is an example of how herbal use for improved cognitive ability has become mainstream. Beyond the recent media attention that has focused on single herbs like Ginkgo, there is a rich tradition of classical Chinese formula science that has systematically addressed cognitive disorders for thousands of years.
In this online course Dr. Heiner Fruehauf will discuss how these herbal techniques can be applied to contemporary cognitive pathologies such as Autism, Parkinson's Disease, MS and Alzheimer’s. Course work will focus on pattern recognition, clinical differentiation, base formula selection and herbal modification. Part of the course will focus on dietary measures for cognitive disorders, as well as on insights about the common emotional origins of this type of disease.
• Gain insights into the classical Chinese medicine perspective on cognitive dysfunction
• Understand contemporary cognitive disorders in Chinese medical terms
• Learn base formulas, single herbs and herb pairs that are useful in the treatment of cognitive dysfunctions
• Learn foods to avoid and foods to imbibe in the treatment of cognitive disorders
• Understand emotional origins of cognitive disorders from a Chinese five element perspective