This registration page allows you to register for all 11 modules with just one click of "Add to Cart". You save approximately $270USD if you register for the complete 11 Module Package compared to registering individually for all 11 modules one at a time.
If you have not watched the one hour lecture for free from Module 1, The Science of Gua sha, please follow link to access it and get ready to be inspired!
Module 4 and Module 5 are each 5 CEU/PDA/CPD and satisfy requirements for professional issues and safety for NCCAOM CTCMA, Texas and AACMA
Module 5 is approved for Florida requirement of "Prevention of Medical Errors"
Dr. Arya Nielsen's textbook Gua sha, a Traditional Technique for Modern Practice 2nd edition, is required reading for the Gua sha Certification Program. The 2nd edition textbook is not included in the purchase price of this Program or individual modules. However, you can find a bookseller near you to obtain your copy by clicking click here.
For those expressing skepticism about the notion of a certification in gua sha I will echo Arya's comments and say that this course takes what we learned in school to a far deeper and more sophistocated level. I have used gua sha extensively in my practice for over a decade, but by taking this course I have learned to communicate with patients and other health care providers more effectively and correctly about what gua sha actually is and what it does. As has been demonstrated in FB groups on numerous occasions, most of what L.Ac.s say about gua sha is either not true or is only partially true. I feel strongly that if we are to have any hope at all of being taken seriously within the mainstream medical community, we need to be able to explain what we do in terms that physicians understand. This is particularly true with techniques like gua sha that have a rather alarming appearance. For instance, recently I saw a 70 year old female who had had very persistent and severe mid-back pain for several months. Her pain was bad enough to cause her to spend much of the night crying each night. She had had a medical workup to confirm that the pain was not caused by cancer or kidney pathology. The pain had not been relieved by acupuncture, physical therapy, or various medications. After one session of gua sha she was completely pain-free. As recommended by Arya, I showed her what her back looked like using a mirror before she left my office and gave her a handout explaining gua sha (below). The next day she had an appointment with her dermatologist. By then her back was feeling so good that she had completely forgotten about it. When he exposed her back for examination, however, he cried out in shock. Fortunately she still had my patient handout in her purse. She showed it to him and explained to him how much it had helped her stubborn back pain. He came away from the encounter intrigued and wanting to learn more. Imagine, however, if I had just told her that gua sha "removes toxins" (as acupuncturists commonly do when discussing gua sha). The dermatologist would have felt that that is utter nonsense (which it is) and likely would have formed a strong negative association with both me and acupuncturists in general. I think that Arya has done our profession an amazingly valuable service by creating this course and making her knowledge available to us. ~ KHW
Gua sha Certification Program
The Gua Sha Certification Program by Dr. Arya Neilsen is comprised of 11 modules.
You can choose to take the full certification program (all 11 modules and hands on training with Dr. Arya Nielsen) and be listed on the www.guasha.com website or you can choose a la carte and take just the modules that interest you and only receive continuing education credits.
If you have taken one or more of the modules below and you want to take all 11 modules and save on the 11 Module Package registration please contact Pro D Seminars directly and we can apply the fees you have paid for the individual modules toward the Complete 11 module Package. You save approximately $270USD if to register for the complete 11 Module package compared to registering individually for all 11 modules.
- Module 1 - The Science of Gua sha: Anti inflammation and Immune Protection
- Module 2 - History: acupuncture, bloodletting, Gua sha and cholera
- Module 3 - Terms and Tools for Gua sha
- Module 4 - Safety and Ethics: Reports, Risks and Guidelines for Gua sha (press-stroking) and Ba guan (cupping)
- Module 5 - Safety, Medical Errors & Ethics: 'Complications' & Contraindications for Gua sha
- Module 6 - Evidence for Gua sha: a Literature Review
- Module 7 - Colors of flesh, sha and significant Tongue changes
- Module 8 - Psycho spiritual effect of Gua sha
- Module 9 - Indications and Applications: Gua sha
- Module 10 - Results and Recommendations
- Module 11 - Treating Specific Disorders with Gua sha
- Video Module - Video demonstrations of Gua Sha by Dr. Arya Nielsen (1 hour) Only available to those who register for the complete 11 module pkg. The online video module (originally known as the Gua Sha DVD) details the essentials of safe and effective Gua sha practice and shows the step-by-step application of the technique with patients. Information from Arya's own research is shown including the diagnostic significance of the color of Sha, and immediate Tongue changes as a direct result of Gua Sha.